Compass: Parent Portal
Mount Beauty Secondary College uses Compass School Manager for our parent portal.
All parents will receive a login for the portal. Please contact the office if you do not yet have a login. We highly encourage all parents to download the Compass app for your phone or iPad.
Using Compass you are able to:
- Receive important news and updates from the school and your children’s teachers.
- View the school calendar and keep up-to-date with school activities.
- Receive notifications about camps, excursions, and other events. You are also able to provide permission and payment for events electronically.
- View your children’s learning updates and reports.
- Review your children’s attendance records and provide updates on absences.
- Contact your children’s teachers.
Once subscribed, parents will have access to important information pertaining to their child’s year level as well as any required permission forms and medical notes relating to upcoming school events. Parents of current students are encouraged to log in weekly to Compass.
You can use the Compass App on your phone, or access the Compass website via your tablet, iPad or home computer. The Compass School Manager app can be downloaded through the Apple Store and Google Play.
To log into Compass you require your unique family username and password, these details are provided to each family upon enrolment.
Upon first login, you will be required to change your password and confirm your email address and mobile phone number.
These details may be used by the school for SMS and email communication throughout the year. At any stage, if you have lost your details or forgotten your password, you can recover your details by clicking the ‘Don’t know your username? / Forgot your password?’ link on the front page.
Tips and How-To Guides
We have published some tips and how-to articles on getting the most out of Compass as a parent:
Compass Parent Portal How To Guide (pdf guide)
Using the Compass School Manager App (webinar recording)
The Parent Portal overview (webinar recording)
Adding a note/approval (webinar recording)