A school council develops a vision for the school in collaboration with all members of the school community and is actively involved in the development of and endorses the school’s strategic plan.
School councils have three main responsibilities:
- finance: overseeing the development of the school’s annual budget and ensuring proper records are kept of the school’s financial operation
- strategic planning: participating in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- policy development and review: developing, reviewing and updating policies that reflect a school’s values and support the school’s broad direction outlined in its strategic plan.
Other key functions of school councils include:
- raising funds for school related purposes
- maintaining school grounds and facilities
- entering into contracts
- reporting annually to the school community and the Department
- creating interest in the school in the wider community
- representing and taking the views of the community into account
- regulating and facilitating after-hours use of school premises and grounds
- operating a children’s service at the school.
School Council President: Bronwyn Gray
School Council Members: Meredith Anderson, Erin Angelini, Callum Bowring, Jarrah Brennan, Jason Frede, Bronwyn Gray, Chris Greenhalgh, Sarah Laidlaw, Simone Roy, Angela Stratton, Elisa Walker and Ellie Wiseman